About Sheology Organics
The Sheólogy story is a simple one. We felt the need to give back to the community. We have experience and connections in West Africa; we have expertise in biochemistry and cosmetics. Coupled with our business experience we have launched an effort to bring fair trade to the women of Burkina Faso while providing very pure custom she butter formulations to the women so that they can feel good about how they look and satisfied how the spent their money.
Although few outsiders know this tree, shea (Vitellaria paradoxa, Sapotaceae) remains among West Africa’s most extensive food sources. West Africans employ its smooth-skinned, egg-shaped nut much like Westerners employ lard and butter. For a vegetable lipid this one is strange in that it remains solid even under tropical conditions. Countless Africans also use it for skincare, and these days shea butter is going global and going upscale as an ingredient in some of the most expensive cosmetics ever formulated.
Our opportunity has been our dismay of the modern cosmetic industry practices to add ingredients that extend the profit while neglecting the consumers sensibilities, health and the growers livelihoods. To be sure this is not the entire market but enough to say that there is a need in the market place to deliver this miraculous product in an unadulterated way.
Sheólogy Organics' Shea Butter is an emollient that moisturizes, shields, protects, and heals many moderate to chronic skin conditions. In its purest form, recommend it for the treatment It is a custom blend of a product tailored for specific needs. We offer 5 different products for specific skin conditions. Sheólogy Shea Butter takes the best of shea butter properties and painstakingly undertakes to keep it pure. Our formulations then target specific needs of different parts of the body.
We offer five different shea butter-based products to help heal specific skin conditions:
- Healing Balm – 100% uncut, pure shea butter. Great for adults and children with certain skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, burns, sunburn, cuts, scarring, etc.
- Foot Balm – A shea-based product specifically formulated to relieve worn feet and rejuvenate the skin. It is excellent emollient for diabetic feet because of the addition of a very rare berry found in Russia known as the Sea Buckthorn Seed oil into the shea base. The active ingredience found in the Sea Buckthorn seed causes local blood vessels to dilate, thus aiding in blood flow and inflammation reduction.
- Hand Repair – This product is specifically designed for individuals who are undergoing or have undergone chemotherapy or radiation treatment, and as a result are experiencing thinning of the epithelial layers of the epidermis. It is highly effective on extremely damaged skin that has breakage and fissures on the top layer.
- Huggy Bear – This is a light, gentle formulation with shea oil, sunflower seed oil, cherry kernel oil as well as other oils to coat and protect baby's soft skin. No chemicals or preservatives!
- Paradise Oil – This is an over the top formulation made with the finest seed oil ingredients blended into a rich, creamy shea butter base.This all-purpose emollient is light with a fresh, delicious mango scent. Use after a luxurious bath, shower, shave, or anytime you need a great moisturizer!